Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Ferien!!

After Christmas I went with my host family to Flims. We stayed in a house that the grandfather of my host mom built. It's a cute little wooden house. It looks like a typical Swiss mountain home.
 During this vacation I learned how to ski! The first day was so hard! I fell down so many times! My host father was there the whole time to help me though. On the back of my ski pants there was a tag that said "No guts, No glory" so that became the motto for the day. When we got back to the house I fell asleep on the couch and slept for 2 hours. Skiing is exhausting! The second day was better. I only fell down half as much. Annina (my host sister) and Tashina (my host brothers girlfriend) came with us to snow board. Annina was learning to snow board, so we were able to practice together on the beginners piste.
The rest of the vacation was spent hiking, shopping, and I even went sledding!

                                                             Skiing!
                                              One of the many times I fell down.
                                Just like Missourians, Swiss people love their cows! With Annina and Jonas
                                                         Flims!
                                                        On a hike!
                                                  Reading Jonas's book.
                                       My family's cute mountain house!



 I thought it was so funny that they had a place to put your snowboards and skis outside the grocery store. Very practical in a mountain town.
This was on the sale rack at a store in the town! If you can't see it's a jacket (an ugly one) that did cost 998.00 franks (more than $1000) but now its half price!!

No comments:

Post a Comment