Thursday, August 22, 2013

I now know why my toothpaste was only 70 Rappen.

70 rappen is about 80 cents.... I think they were trying to make it mint flavored. It's definitely the worst toothpaste I have ever had.

This morning I went out for coffee with my counselor. I had a latte macchiato and a croissant. before went to the Cafe, Dominique (my counselor) stopped to talk to his friends. One of the men worked at the cafe. Once they found out I was from the USA, he asked where I was from. I said Missouri and then he said like Kansas. (I was thinking, this guy knows his geography) I said it was right next to it. Then he named off two cities. First, he said Columbia (Wow, he knows Columbia!) Then, he said Marshall! (How would he know Marshall??!) I said yeah I use to live there! My dad lives there! Apparently, he has some friends from Marshall and he went there to visit them one time (Yeah, I know, A vacation to Marshall, Missouri. Makes no sense) And he also use to work in Kansas. Small world.

The view from the Cafe.

 A cute little bird I fed my crumbs too. These cute little things are scavengers. You can find them in a lot of outside restaurants. They are not shy. But  like them much better than the sea vultures.
The boat that isn't covered is the Rescue boat for the Rhine River. Dominique and the friends he was talking to are part of the crew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment