Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Kikeriki!

Today in my free period I translated a German poem. I learned many new words, but my favorite was Kikeriki! In English this is Cock-A-Doodle-Doo! I thought this was so funny and cool to learn. I went home and over dinner I told my host parents the new word I had learned. We had a small laugh about how this is the new German word I leaned. Then they asked what it was in English. I said Cock-A-Doodle-Doo and right after I said it, at they exact same time, both their eyes got really wide, they leaned forward and said WAS?! (WHAT?!). At that moment, I realized how ridiculous Cock-A-Doodle-Doo sounds. Then I couldn't stop laughing as I tried to say it again, and then  my parents started laughing. Now, Cock-A-Doodle-Doo sounds so silly compared to Kikeriki. It's funny how a small moment can instantly change my mind about something that use to seem so normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment