Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Geschichte Presentation

On Friday, I gave my first school presentation in German. It was a group project, and my group had to talk about the League the of Nations and UNO (United Nations). Being from the United States, I talked about Woodrow Wilson, the idea of the League of Nations, and why the U.S. didn't join. I wrote my paper a week before and had my classmates edit it for me. Then I wrote the whole paper onto 3 note cards. I got really nervous before we were suppose to give the presentation. I felt like I was in middle school again. Then we were up and it was my turn to talk. I could feel the back of my neck burn, but I still tried to look up from the cards once in awhile. When it got to the point to talk about the Treaty of Versailles, I had to really concentrate to pronounce it in the correct French way and not like the Missouri town name. When I was finished reading, my whole class and teacher clapped even though the presentation wasn't over. They said I did a great job and I felt really good about it. Hopefully next time I won't be so nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment