Tuesday, September 3, 2013

More Adventures!

 Last Saturday, I went to My host mothers family farm. When we got there we  took a walk around the countryside. I ended up finding a bunch of four leaf clovers, and even some five leaf clovers! My host parents and brother Matthias were impressed and they started to look for clovers too. They did end up finding a couple!
 Peter and Matthias playing with the electric fence.
 Some of the clovers I found!
 My host parents. Aren't they cute!!
 The beautiful farm house! The yard was also perfect! They had yard art everywhere, but it was stuff they had made using old things.

 This girl, Sara, showed me around the farm. She is twelve, and it was easier for me to understand her German than most of the adults. This is the milking station, and it is actually inside that beautiful house. Part of the house is a barn with stalls and the other part they live in.





 This claw is used to pick up the hay. I though it was pretty cool!
 Trying to make a fire.


On Sunday, I went to Basel with Hannah and Ryan. Ryan is from Canada.
 We wanted to go to a castle that was near by, and well, to me it just looks like a big house. But thats probably because everything in Switzerland is like a castle.



 Ryan and me. We didn't really have a plan for the day. Ryan lives in the French part of Switzerland and he wanted to come see Basel. It was Sunday so a lot of things we closed, but we had fun riding the trams, sight seeing, and eating in the park.


This morning I got up and went on a bike ride. I started out on the road, then I made my way to a gravel trail by the Rhine. Then, I ended up in a forest. There were so many different paths. Every time I came to a fork in the road I would just take the path that looked less traveled. I started on a path that was about a meter across and I ended up on a path that was less than a foot wide.

 I think there was some sort of kids nature walk in the forest. I kept finding things like this.
 I fixed it.




The Bike ride was nice, I came home and finished up homework. Before I went to school, I stopped at the Coop for a snack and these Raspberries just called to me! They were delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment