Monday, September 9, 2013

My First Day of School!

Today I woke up at six o'clock, and my bed was the most comfortable it had been since I've been here. But I got up and got ready for my first day of school! I rode the train with my brother Jonathan. It was crowded. I had to stand the whole way. On the train was a girl who was in the same class as I was, so I followed her to the first class. (In Switzerland, the students who are in the same class stay together the whole day and go to the same classes.) My first class was P.E. First, we played this game that was a variation of Dodgeball. Then, we ran and did some stretches. We then went outside and did long jump. It's been a few years, but I wasn't too shabby.
The next class was Math. And guess what!!?? I already know everything they're doing! Yay!!!! Even though I don't understand everything the teacher is saying, I can still work an equation!
Then came Biology. And even though I have taken biology before, I didn't exactly retain the information. My classmates were so nice though. They tried to explain to me what the assignment was about, but they even had trouble figuring it out in German. My dictionary doesn't help either because it doesn't have scientific words.
After biology, I went with my class to the Cantina to get some food. Much better than normal Cafeteria food! After lunch my class has Choir, but I unfortunately cannot go because at that time I have my German Class with the other exchange students from my school and from surrounding schools. It was really fun. We played charades in German and gave each other interviews.
I had an overall great first day!


No comments:

Post a Comment