Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Owwwww

I'm sore... Semu, Christi, and I went hiking on Saturday. The day started out with us trying to decide where to go (we are three very indecisive people.) We finally made a decision. We decided to take a Gondola part way up the Stanserhorn (In Luzern), walk the rest of the way to the top, then take the open air Gondola back down. The map showed a nice easy hike. It looked pretty much flat. THE MAP LIED!!!! It was a STEEP UPHILL HIKE!! ALL THE WAY! FOR ALMOST 3 HOURS! And the trail we were hiking on looked like a cow trail. In fact, here is a picture of a cow blocking the trail.


Despite how out of shape I was, It was an awesome hike! It's been the most beautiful view I've seen so far.








                                                            I can't wait to do it again!!!!!!!!!

Swiss schools are teaching me a lot. Not only am I learning German, but yesterday I learned how to Juggle in Sports class. I'm not very good though. 

On Friday, I am moving in with a different family for three weeks because my current host parents are going on vacation. Then on Saturday morning I am going on a small trip with the other Switzerland Rotary Exchange students. I'm really excited for that! We're suppose to bring a dessert from our home country. I decided that I was going to make puppy chow. I went to the Migros after school today to get the Chex cereal I needed, but I was heart broken to find they didn't have it. They didn't even have anything similar. I saw that they had rice crispies so I thought I could make rice crispie treats.... THEY DIDN'T HAVE MARSHMALLOWS!! I was getting so disappointed. My host mom had marshmallows before, so I knew there must be some somewhere. I walked over to the Coop hoping they would have Marshmallows or Chex cereal. If not I was going to have to rethink this whole dessert issue. They didn't have Marshmallows. However, they did have a cereal that slightly resembled Chex. They're little puff squares, and they're called Jamadu. I started at them for 10 minutes trying to decide if I wanted to get them and try to make puppy chow. I decided to go for it. Thursday night I'll see how my Jamadu puppy chow turns out. If it is totally terrible then I still have a bag of Reese's Pieces I can bring. Fingers crossed!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment